Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Days of Thanksgiving

Goodmorning!

Over the past two weeks, I have watched many Facebook friends decide to post a daily thanks in the spirit of Thanksgiving.  But why is it just in November that everyone decides to give thanks?  Do we not have at least one thing to be thankful for each day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?  After realizing this, I have decided to challenge myself and starting now, I am going to say something I am thankful for each day.  I will start a new blog post that I will add to each day to include all my days of thanks.
In the Bible, Psalm 107:1 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."

While doing my daily Thanksgiving posts, I have noticed throughout the day how I constantly look for the things I am thankful for.  It is quite simple to find at least one thing a day, but I am realizing I am not just highlighting my thankfulness.  At the youth group the past few weeks, we have been studying the Fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23, and I have noticed how each of them is becoming more evident on a day-to-day basis in my life.  I am becoming more patient with the people around me simply because I realize how blessed I am to have them around.  I am becoming more loving and all of the characteristics of love described in 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8.  In general, the Fruits of the Spirit are becoming easier to see, and more interesting to try and exhibit day- to- day.

Have a great Thanksgiving! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment