Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just Another Crazy Day

Hello all(:

Today I had a very interesting class period today in my American Civilization class.  We had a guest speaker that is a professor in the CJC department at Metro and she is also an attorney for some hot shot professional sports players.  Wow was it a crazy class.  She comes in and first thing she says is that all the women in the class are prostitutes and all the men are solicitating prostitution.  Imagine having that as the first comment a teacher makes; takes ya a little off guard!  After looking at all of Colorado's prostitution laws that are so vague its ridiculous, then we went into common law marriage.  Wow was that shocking too.  That totally blew my mind.  If anyone is specifically interested in what she had to say about both topics, just let me know, because it is a little much to be posting on my blog... I would be writing all night trying to explain these ridiculous Colorado Statutes.  I can't wait to continue on in the CJC program though because her one class period was so interesting and informative, I can't even imagine what an entire semester would be like!

Joleigh had a volleyball game at Bennett tonight, and I was fortunate to drive the extra hour ish east of Denver to watch her play.  Little did I know that the libero from the other team was a victim in the Aurora Shootings this past summer... Crazy, right?! I was totally amazed that someone could have been shot in that and been back to playing a sport this soon.  The power of God is so amazing because there is absolutely no way that she could have bounced back and done as well as she did tonight without His strength.  After witnessing that, my favorite bible verse, Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, has a whole new meaning! I see myself constantly applying this message to my life from the little things like being able to finish a killer workout to graduating college and so on.  Things like this make me wish that everyone could see the power and love of Jesus Christ because obviously He is working in so many ways.  I have no idea if that girl was a believer or not, but I hope that after this she can find the Lord because I can only imagine the great things He has in store for her.  I want to use this verse to try and show others and testify that if you believe and pray that God will deliver when the time is right... Showing others how to overcome obstacles, big or small, and to persevere is such a big testament in my eyes for others to see Christ in me.

On a total tangent, I bought three classic books today- The Scarlet Letter, Wuthering Heights, and Pride and Prejudice- so I plan to post my thoughts on all three, assuming I can push through them all (:  Any opinions before I read the books?

Hope to right soon with some actual news of something exciting happening around here! Until then...

<3 Yours Truly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment